Excited to apply AI to improve the lives of joint replacement patients? Join us and lead the field in a well-funded kiwi startup sitting on the cutting edge of AI in healthcare. Our business is in making surgeons’ lives easier and driving efficiencies in the orthopaedic industry with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes.
About the business
Formus Labs is developing groundbreaking software solutions to improve joint replacement surgery. Our cloud-based platform is a World-first in employing state-of-the-art biomechanics and AI to help surgeons create optimal surgical plans for each individual patient. Our technology has already empowered surgeons and global orthopedic companies to provide best-in-class joint-replacement surgery to hundreds of patients.
Spun out from the world-renowned Auckland Bioengineering Institute, we are a dynamic startup with a highly talented team from a diverse set of personal and professional backgrounds.
About the role
As the Lead AI Engineer at Forums Labs, at Forums Labs, you will lead the improvement and development of AI and ML technologies that help orthopaedic surgeons prepare for the individual quirks of each patient’s anatomy before their surgery.
We need an experienced practitioner of AI/ML in production software who can design and implement fit-for-purpose, ready-to-deploy solutions across a range of problems including image analysis, signal processing, surrogate modelling, and data fusion.
The role will involve:
- Championing the collaborative delivery of AI/ML solutions that are repeatable, testable, and production-ready.
- Lead, design, implement, document, and validate AI/ML solutions in line with our product strategy that solve problems in fields such as image segmentation, object detection, image classification, statistical shape analysis, surrogate biomechanical modelling, signal processing, and data fusion.
- Ensuring that our AI/ML systems are designed to meet international medical device regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Working in line with our product objectives, continuously improve the performance (robustness, accuracy, maintainability, speed) of our AI/ML solutions.
- Assist the engineering team in the deployment of AI/ML solutions to cloud production environments.
- Present the company’s AI/ML technology and achievements in international journals, conferences, and tradeshows.
Benefits and Perks
You will enjoy...
- Being part of a high-growth venture-backed start-up with international users and customers
- Competitive remuneration package with the possibility of incentives and share options.
- Generous private NZ health insurance
- Flexible working environment with a highly functional remote-work culture.
- Generous parental leave entitlements for both the primary and secondary caregiver.
- Collaborating with a team of talented individuals to make a real difference to patients’ lives.
Skills and Experience
You will have...
- At least 5 years experience in AI/ML engineering working in an agile environment.
- A desire to create an environment and culture of AI/ML best practice from the ground up.
- A history of solving a wide range of complex problems with fit-for-purpose, robust solutions.
- A solid understanding of agile software development practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication and the ability to effectively communicate throughout the organisation.
- Experience with medical or health software, and/or experience with interactive 3D graphics would be a bonus
- A passion for software technology in the medical field