Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people who need joint replacement surgery? Come join us! You’ll join our growing engineering team to build (literally) life changing software. Our business is in making surgeons’ lives easier and driving efficiencies in the orthopedic industry with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes.
About the business
Formus Labs is developing groundbreaking software solutions to improve joint replacement surgery. Our cloud-based platform is a world-first in employing state-of-the-art biomechanics and AI to help surgeons create optimal surgical plans for each individual patient. Our technology has already empowered surgeons and global orthopedic companies to provide best-in-class joint-replacement surgery to hundreds of patients.
Spun out from the world-renowned Auckland Bioengineering Institute, we are a dynamic startup with a highly talented team from a diverse set of personal and professional backgrounds.
At Formus most of our staff are Auckland based but we are fundamentally a remote-first company. If you’re based outside of Auckland and you’re keen to work over Miro and Zoom then let’s talk!
About the role
We are looking for a Test Engineer to join our cross functional Engineering team to help drive the company vision and strategy for the success of our customers. This is a great opportunity to learn and get exposure to “real” AI and its practical application in our industry.
This role will work closely with our Test Lead and members of the Engineering Team to validate and verify changes we make as part of the Product and Engineering Roadmap.
This role is a mix of manual and automation testing based on the domain we operate in. As we grow and mature from a start-up, there is definitely a strong focus on automation going forward which is explicitly mentioned in our Engineering Practices.
In terms of Agile, we operate in a simple and lean agile manner that suits the business.
- Work alongside our Test Lead to validate and verify changes before they get pushed to production.
- Maintain and help make improvements to our Test Management System.
- Introduce more and more automation to our Engineering Practice over time.
- Self motivated individual who leans into the team that shares knowledge and helps the team move forward.
Need to have:
- Experience with manual testing.
- Experience writing and sharing test plans focused around features and releases.
- Good documentation skills as we need to comply with many regulatory standards as we are a “Software as a Medical Device”.
- Experience with automation testing. (Some form of front-end automation plus API Automation testing)
- Agile experience - team collaboration to refine user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills
- Team Player - As a start-up we need to put on multiple hats to get the job done.
- Open minded to truly understand what is best for the business.
- Quality first mindset
Helpful to have:
- AI, Mathematics, Algorithm background.